Friday, July 28, 2006
So, Pita sandwiches are a big thing over here.
Every island has these Pita/Giro/Crepe shops.
In Parikia, the best game in town is this joint called 'Zorba's'
(complete with dancing Zorba logo).
For about $4, you can eat and drink....it is an awesome place and I am a frequent flier there.Hmmm.... Time for Pitas and beer........ I think.
Thursday, July 27, 2006
She was obscured by a few hills so
I had to track a couple of miles to get a look at her.
By 9am today, she had disappeared.
Wednesday, July 26, 2006
Tuesday, July 25, 2006
Monday, July 24, 2006
So I climbed about 350 steps to see this church which is way up on a hill overlooking the bay.
Sunday, July 23, 2006
One month ago......
- I was dealing with the roof sh*tshow move in Boston.
- I was still dealing with the CT sh*tshow.
- Trying to transition responsibilities.
- Notifying vendors.
- Trying to basically get the hell out of dodge.
- Updating documentation for the boston LAN and ECS WAN.
- Doing updates to network devices.
- Trying to track and plan for my european shipment.
- Cancelling mail, bills, and settling up things.
- drinking coffee.
- staring at the sea.
- only concern is whether I have enough sunscreen.
There are many ways to live your life.
Friday, July 21, 2006
This ship was built in Tokyo in 1958. It plied waters in the far east for 40 years before being sold to a Greek shipping line. It was renamed with the unattractive but practical moniker of 'Sea Cement 1'. This is one battered ship. I could only obtain a few shots of it due to various interefences but you can see from this shot the weathering and age...